Saturday, 25 April 2009

A river flows in your heart

I stood at the edge of a river one day and simply watched it flow past. It seemed like a peaceful and gentle river, and so I wondered about it and nearer to it I walked. The current grew stronger, the waters flowed faster, and everything in its path was carried along with it as time passed. And with each passing moment, the water rised to meet my feet. It was cold and merciless.
I stood there in the midst of the waters. I waited for something to happen, but the waters again rose to meet my knees. I could not stand for the current was strong as it swept past me. My balance was weak and I wanted to push past the waters, at least walk across the waters. As I struggled and pushed, the coldness, the raging of the current, and the rushing of the waters was merciless and fierce.
I was now swept away with the flow of the river. I thought to myself, will I make it? or will I drown? I took little breaths to fight to survive and I fought with the waters to stay above it that I might escape its grasp. I was weak, and my body felt tired, and I felt empty. I let myself flow with the river. I would die, I thought. Who will save me?
Then someone pulled me out of the water. A hand held tight to my hand, a warm and strong grip. I opened my eyes, coughed and shivered, then I saw My Father. He had been watching me and He saved me. He covered me, and shielded me from the cold and then I walked with Him side by side as the river flowed past. I simply followed Him, not straying to the left or right but pressing forwards.
And a peace flowed within my heart, a peace like the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online