Monday, 15 March 2010

I Surrender All



To surrender all that I have,
to give freely without return.
Through life's lessons I shall learn,
all things that I give in this world,
all disappear but only His word is forever.

When unexpected things happen,
we seem to try to adapt to these changes.
Time, place, event and people-it all ranges.
But I know one thing is for sure,
eventually people grow tired and weary.

At first their love burns with fire.
Love with great compassion and care,
and its warmth and light would fill the air.
Though one may feel cold or lonely,
they would find that light glowing dimly.

It a light of hope and reassurance,
that He had already fulfilled His promise.
Because life is passing as a mist.
Whatever pain or sorrow we must endure,
it is only for this little while.

Yet people will grow tired and weary,
and they might forget and sigh.
And they might ask the Lord, "Why"?
They fight to have their own way;
they desire the life that they once knew.

Adapting and adjusting to this new life,
it is more than just living a day's routine,
it living a story you have never seen.
He asked you if you believed in Him.
And your answer to Him was, "Yes".

And so He gives us the things in our life.
Whether we may like or not,
He carefully molds us as an earthen clay pot.
Stubborn, selfish, we want our way,
we want our lives, our pot to be what we like.

As time goes on we may dislike it,
this life and the happenings all around us.
It seems harder and harder to adjust.
Eventually we give in and return,
and our Maker would ask, "What did you learn?"

I am stubborn and selfish, proud and what not.
I am ugly within and I do not know anything.
I think myself something when I am nothing.
Only You know what is best for me.
I just need to learn to surrender all to You.

Whatever You give me is a blessing.
Whether it may be joy or sufferings,
I need to learn embrace not just the good tidings.
You know what is best for me,
that is something more beautiful than what I can see.

Sometimes when I look to the stars,
I know in the moment that You are there,
and I know that You always care.
Each day You give me is Your grace,
I only hope to give to others much more today.
---
My uncle.. I know he is in there, fighting his mind to break free, yet his body does not listen. He seems to struggle but I know he is always fighting and he wants to tell us something but nothing comes out. All that matters is that he still here with us, and whatever God has given us, we must accept it. Our all, we must surrender, and so we must wait and pray until something happens..

3 comments:

  1. Words seem rather empty in situations like this... but God's Words are Life! So ...

    "Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer" (Rom 12:12).

    Just to share 2 other quotes that I always found great comfort in....

    "God does not always come to us when we want Him to. But God is always on time." - JW Fanning

    "Prayer is not an easy way of getting what we want, but the only way of becoming what God wants us to be." - Annoymous

    Stay strong in the Lord.

    h

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's words come timely and thank you for these words of encouragement, they are beautiful and inspiring (:

    Knees are getting sore, mind is wandering around, forgetting what I wanted to say when I come before Him to pray.. it really isn't easy, but that's when I realise what I want is far from what God wants.. that's why I need to learn to surrender my all.

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you!

    love,
    m (:

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online