Friday, 9 April 2010

More Than I Can Tell

Of long weary days,
of some sad or quiet times,
of tears shed in silence alone...

Of short minutes of joy,
of playing and joyfulness,
of laughter shared together...

Of different times,
whether here or there,
the happenings are more than I can tell.

Of hours when we learned,
of wisdom in truth,
of how faith builds a child up.

Of the moments to live,
of a life worthy of our calling,
of how children should shine as light.

Of the times spent kneeling,
of prayers made in one accord,
of hoping that each child serves the Lord.

Of a timeless story that has not ended,
which is more than I can tell,
more than any tongue or pen could ever tell.


---
I wanted so much to sing this hymn because the title of the hymn spoke to me: "When I Can Read My Title Clear". For some time I thought about what I was writing...Have I read my title clearly?
I wondered...
What am I writing? Why am I writing this? Who am I writing to? How am I writing it?
For some time I contemplated whether the things I wrote were related to the title. Then I thought although I cannot tell of all the blessings in my life, of all the details of His plan for each day, I can tell of the little things that I ought to tell about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online