Monday, 3 May 2010

Called


When your name is called out from wherever about,
do you respond and run to answer it straight away?
To stop and leave all that you are doing in a moment,
just to answer to what they may instruct or say?

Do you grumble and mumble under your breath,
as you try to avoid whomever may be calling?
And then again and again they call for you,
finally you drag yourself across the floor instead stalling.

Why is the question you might ask yourself-why me?
You can call someone else's name.. anyone but me.
You never seem to listen to what I have to say,
I just want to do what I want.. just let me be.

The Lord says He has chosen you and that is why He calls,
do you know that you are the firstborn and a child of God?
What do you mean I am the firstborn of God?
You are born of living water and washed in His blood.

You can do this and that because everything is permissible,
but not everything may be beneficial for you.
If you must know I have a plan for you too,
know that you are one of the many but chosen few.

You are special and I want you to live.
When you choose to conform to the way other's live,
and you despise your birthright and wish for vain things,
it only leads to death.. weariness and suffering it will give.

If you answer swiftly to your name when you are called,
and you run to meet whoever has called for you,
remember that you are chosen for the task at hand,
for the Lord says, "I have loved you."

Do you know that there are people out there,
still suffering in silence and hiding their cries?
Do you try listening to their stories and lives?
Why you ask.. instead ask "what" in place of all the why's.

What must I do when you call for me?
What must I learn during this time?
What must I know to do the things you ask?
What must I speak if Your light I must shine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online