Tuesday, 6 January 2009

What is Fear?

As I resolved to challenge every ride possible in the theme park,
I wondered what is fear?


Is it the sudden plunges that stir us up inside?
..is it the sharp turns that scare us?
..is it the idea of off the ground that arouses that fear?
..is it the saftey precautions that begin that twisted feeling within?
..is it being upside down that turns our mindset off the ride?
...why all the thoughts?

Why all the contemplations, the doubts and this fear?


In this world, we can fear many things but it is this fear that keeps everything in order. I wondered if I feared heights, failing exams, hurting myself, what I eat the next day, what I am going to do tomorrow.. If I feared what others think of me, of what my family expects of me, what my future holds, then should I not all the more fear what God wills for me?

I have always wanted to conquer all my fears, taking the words of man lightheartedly, trying the activities that make me most afraid, simply becoming neutral to the fears in this world. But I cannot overcome my fear. I am still weak because I am only human and it is in our nature to have such basic instincts. I only long to understand what it means to fear the Lord for that is man's all.

1 comment:

  1. I was just sharing with a brother that night about my fears and i want to share it with you too.

    I fear that one day i might fall away because it just seems so easy to forsake Him and turn away.

    I fear that one day I might commit such a great sin that I threw away my hope of eternity... just because I lost focus for a moment and was not watchful.

    I fear that when the day comes to enter into heaven, I am not allowed to enter because there are still sins hidden in me not fully repented of.. and so I am still found filthy and blemished before God.

    The preacher was just telling us during youth service that day that having fear is good. It keeps us in the Lord.

    I am scared, but its good. It makes me cling dearly to God.

    jiayou together okaays. still missing you. *hugs

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online