I never thot of blogs as a recount of reflections.
I have never thought much of blogging. It's just some "things" that happened that day or that moment, and because of this mindset, I guess my character hasn't changed much at all because I have no goals and determination since there is no "reflection". Strangely when I went to class today, I learnt about "reflective thinking" and one quote hit me..
.."reflection without action is not really reflection at all but just a recording of experiences." ..."Action is considered to give added purpose to the purpose to the reflection in that it allows you to move forward towards a deeper understanding of your experiences and the learning taking place."
Then it goes on to say that students can imitate something their teacher does, but all they are doing is conforming and adapting to the habit or routine of their teaching whether good or bad. And it seems true enough even with children and parents, friends and colleagues that we follow what other people do because that is normal or that is the routine.
Reflection seems to be something that many people grow out of once they start working due to a lack of time or they just have other things going on. But as a Christian, I should be doing this, constantly nurturing myself and now it is something that my character must also do. I am just in wonder how far can I go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment