Sunday, 23 January 2011

Like A Little Child

One day a little child was playing with her toys.
She was so happy and occupied in her own world of joys,
until it happened that her favourite toy just broke.
She looked at it with a sad face and gave it a gentle poke.

So she carefully held it in her arms and stood up,
then she thought of one person who could fix it..."Yup"!
She suddenly cheered up as she seeked her father's being.
And she found him in the room with books...reading.

With innocent eyes and a sweet smile,
she stood before him for a while.
He put down his books and with a gentle voice he said,
what can I do for you today instead?

He was busy always but he took the time;
the time to listen to her as if it were his favourite pastime.
So she told him everything like a very long sad story,
yet he simply listened and he was in no hurry.

So he promised her to fix the toy,
and again she was filled with great joy.
She watched and waited as her father worked,
then she would tug at him and at his table she lurked.

Finally she grew tired of waiting,
and impatiently and insistently she kept asking,
"Is it fixed yet...is it fixed yet?
I want my toy...did you forget?"

Then he turned to her and with loving eyes he told her,
"I've been fixing it this whole time as it were.
But you've been tugging and lurking around.
How can I finish it if I am bound?"

She did not understand so he had compassion on her,
so he explained it to her using a different word.
Be still my child and know that I will fix it,
do you trust your father and promise to do your bit?

She promised to be still and trust him.
She waited and walked around supressing any whim.
And he fixed the toy and returned it to her.
As a little child she trusted her father. 



   

That poem "Broken Dreams" happen to cross my mind today,
where the little children bring their broken toys to God,
while the writer brought their broken dreams to Him to fix.
So with a little time on my hands I decided to write something.

Today was a good day to just chill and catch up on things,
and I realised that I've got a lot of growing up to do and choices to make.
But I know it will take time to learn and understand.
Choices define us, they don't dictate us...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about the "Broken Dreams" poem. It was a favourite or mine way back and I had a nice bookmark of it to remind me to slow down and "let go and Let God" handle things in His way and in His time :)

    Guess it is a much needed reminder that I need even more today!

    I like ur last statement very much... "Choices define us, they don't dictate us..."

    Food for thought and prayer :)

    hc

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online