Tuesday, 18 January 2011
When Words Don't Seem Like Enough
I woke up this morning hoping to find certain words to fill my hungry heart.
But I found these words heavy for me to take in:
"...'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, with all your mind,
and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
And the second, like it, is this:
'You shall love your neighbour as yourself.'
There is no other commandment greater than these."
None of the people 2000 or so years ago dared question this,
and I wonder with all and everything that I have...can I do it?
Sometimes I am self-seeking,
only looking for certain words that I want to hear,
but that in itself is pride so I must learn to open my ears and my heart more.
When words don't seem like enough to satisfy the hungry,
He will provide and He will feed us according to our needs.
Sometimes I know I try to decorate my words and make it seem like a lot.
Sometimes I think I compare my words to another and think if I add this and that,
then I will have enough.
But am I really giving a share to you, I wonder,
or am I putting it before us to satisfy myself?
Therefore I need this reminder that words are enough,
that I have to exercise self-control and remember...
who are the words given to?
And all I really need to do is to offer what I have and leave the rest up to God.
Sometimes it's better to just dwell on His words:
"...In quietness and confidence
shall be your Strength." (Isaiah 30:15)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment