My story of today began when I opened my eyes and orientated myself. One thought came to mind (...I live for another day because of Your grace). As I lay there, I looked up to the ceiling, then to my left where my sister slept, and then to the right side where the clock was. Seven twenty. Then I decided to get up and read a devotional:
FEBRUARY 3
---
SILENCE BEFORE GOD
Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
For God is in heaven, and you on earth;
Therefore let your words be few.
ECCLESIASTES 5:2
...So, humbled by our futile efforts, we are to enter God's presence
to receive a word from Him to do our bidding. We
are to adjust to His will, not ask Him to bless ours.
It is wonderful to offer God our praise and to express our needs,
but to leave His presence before He speaks is travesty.
Waiting upon the Lord and listening to Him are foundational
to our relationship with Him.
After reading the devotional, I pondered for a while (...what do You want to tell me?) and then I remembered the times that I had lost my voice, when all I could do was listen to Your words, Your story. I opened the Bible to my bookmark at Ezekiel 40 and read until I had finished chapter 43. A new city, a new temple, measurements, and many specifities, all the things that You wanted to show Ezekiel; one verse was highlighted-"...His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory" (...I want to hear the sound of Your voice. I long to see Your glory). So then I kneeled down to pray to ask for Your guidance and protection for them and me throughout the day (And I want to know how to I silence myself before You, and to listen to Your still small voice).
Then I got up; cleaned up; helped mom; prepared siblings; drove them to school; ate breakfast; practiced piano; went piano lesson; went to the shops; ran some errands; got home; did chores; met mom's manager; signed up a new job; ate lunch; helped mom with her errands; got home; did more errands; watched a movie with little sister; returned movies; bought snacks; got home; showered; ate dinner; went for youth bible study; got home; tutored little brother; helped little sister with homework; did my chinese homework; prayed with little sister; tucked her in; and now I sit here in contemplation. This is the story of one day of my life.
Everything that I accomplished throughout the day was because it was according to Your plan. And I wonder how Your plan will fulfill the beautiful story that You made before time and space. In the beginning, beyond time and space, You had already purposed this plan which included even you and me. Yet men choose to live under the bondage of sin and compare the world around them to their neighbour's for their desire to be indifferent, and that makes them feel proud, a sense of belonging, and belonging to what? To the world. But faith sets the hearts of men free, freedom in You. Then I remembered that "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end."
In silence before You, I desire to listen to Your story.
No comments:
Post a Comment