... "You say: I can't do it...
God says: You can do all things"...
I woke up this morning and uttered a sound,
still it sounded husky and raspy.
How long has it been I wondered;
why has my voice not fully recovered?
I have waited so long to regain my voice,
still it sounded husky and raspy.
How long has it been I wondered;
why has my voice not fully recovered?
I have waited so long to regain my voice,
to reclaim what I had lost for months.
Why do You do this to me I ask-
what is the meaning of this loss?
I have listened for Your still small voice,
and still I do not know the sound of it.
What is the purpose of this lesson-
why has it been dragged on and on?
I know now I am so weak,
that pride still lurks within me.
And though I try to flee from sin,
my feet still run towards its luring.
I say I am afraid of pride,
and I ask Him to take it away from me.
But in every dark corner of my heart,
there lies a hint of Satan's darkest darts.
I know my own weaknesses and strengths,
and I know God knows of them too.
However there are three beings that know me,
and Satan is one who can also see.
I try to avoid my strengths,
in hope that I may flee from pride.
But if I do not know what humility means,
I know not what submissiveness deems.
I may play with words and write something nice,
but if God does not will it then how can I write?
And when I think that this post is something,
I have to remember that I am nothing.
I am only a pen and an earthen vessel;
He can fill me with ink and with His gifts.
And I can sing, and write, and laugh, and love,
because my strength comes from He who is above.
No comments:
Post a Comment