Before the day's agenda had began,
He had warned me again and again.
Whether great or small,
or seemingly nothing at all,
sin is sin and it must be eradicated,
lest anything or anyone be contaminated.
And as the day's agenda was fulfilled,
the many tasks at hand were completed.
Still, the still small voice whispered it,
and all I had to do was heed it.
And yet obedience is an ability,
that I have yet to subject to in humility.
In the shadow of the passing of the day,
a little member began straying from the narrow way.
My little tongue uttered things unknowingly,
but I did think to bridle it self-controllingly,
and everything that was in my way,
felt its wrath without delay.
At sunset, the ending of Sabbath day,
and I sit here in regret for the things I say.
I knew He was there in that moment,
and still I broke His heart with bitter torment.
Yet I felt nothing, not a pain to feel it near,
while I know He feels everything in tear.
The day still passed on late into the night,
and that small voice drowned as the fading of light.
One word was uttered, two or more,
and still much more was added until ears were sore.
In the midst of all the hustling and bustling,
I found myself lost and carried away by this jostling.
Be still now, I know He whispers for the day has ended,
and now I know that much must be amended.
I know, You want to tell me in Your gentle loving voice,
that I must guard my heart and be careful with every choice.
However, I'd turn away from obeying Your laws-
stubborn, rebellious, and abounding in flaws.
The dawning of another day awaits,
and I look into my heart with fear and hate.
Why do you stray as a wild untamed beast;
your thoughts, your feelings are vented in haste.
Why not be swift to hear and slow to speak,
and wait for that still small voice that you yearn to seek.
---
Tired... a long day of Sabbath rest and reunion dinner... after greeting person after person, eating dish after dish, playing game after game... just trying to pick up the pieces that I can remember... all I can recollect is laughter, loud voices, loads of food, and feelings of light-headedness... it was a blessed day and a joyous reunion dinner... but there's a feeling of discontentment, as if something is missing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment